I have worked at Purdy-McGuire since 1994 and have headed interior project teams since 2001. I believe our office will truly move the needle this year with client relationships and better quality of service. Each of the leaders in our office has specific talents that are being shared throughout the office. I am a fan of lists – partly out of necessity, since I have been involved in 1,467 interior projects since 2001, with a peak having of issuing 19 projects in 20 straight working days. Organizing schedules, tasks, and project criteria is key when juggling so much. I am sharing ideas of organization of project criteria to help improve project quality throughout the office.
Here are some other items of interest about me:
- I am originally from Topeka, Kansas and graduated from Kansas State University with a degree in Architectural Engineering. My wife Georgia also graduated from K-State and is a veterinarian here in Dallas.
- My wife and I are supporters of Kansas State and root for their sports teams by attending road games and home games in Manhattan, KS whenever our schedules allow.
- We spend a lot of time watching or attending professional sporting events – including baseball, basketball, football, hockey, tennis and golf. My wife and I have visited 18 MLB baseball games at different ballparks since 1999.
- I enjoy learning about history either being a tourist or reading books. I want to know what happened and why. History always has at least two sides of the story and I am fascinated by each perspective.
- Whenever I get a chance either at a local trail or while traveling, it always nice to be outdoors. Our most challenging hike was Mount Kilimanjaro in 1999 and ascended to 17,500 ft above sea level .
- Snorkeling is one our favorite but rare travel activities. We have snorkeled in Hawaii, Greece, Africa, and Caribbean but believe the south pacific islands is our favorite.
- I became an Orthodox Christian prior to my Greek Wedding
- Oddity: since 1983 I have filled out and kept the NCAA basketball tournament bracket from the local newspaper. Before the internet thiis was a great way to look back at past years. Now that I have 33 years of them – I continue doing it purely because I don’t want to break my streak!
* Editor’s Note: Todd is being very modest about his contributions. Here are some stats for Todd and his interiors staff:
- Projects: 1,503
- SF to Date: 25,809,000 sf
- Project Hours: 199,000 (since 2002 when he began to track hours)
- Buildings: I counted 66 and quit…and that’s only up to the Gs
- Includes multiple projects at 2100 Ross, Trammell Crow Center, Bank of America Tower, 717 Harwood, Chase Tower, and more.
- Clients: 70+