Chase joined us in 2019, and he came by way of Texas A&M (What? Not K-State?). He is a great fit for our culture, and we’re glad he found his way to Purdy-McGuire. Here are a few things Chase would like to share in his own words.
- I was born in San Antonio, but I moved to College Station and lived there for 8 years. I was the first graduating class of College Station High School, and I accidentally ended up attending Texas A&M University and earning a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- I’ve won a national award for my photography skills during a 3-day photography competition.
- I ran a photography club at A&M for 3 years, and we went on many adventures to try to get cool pictures.
- I used to make pens, and I won a few state awards for them in middle school.
- I was the mascot for my middle school, high school, and occasionally for HEB.
- I’m an only child, but I have a cat named Gooby. His original owner called him Goobert, so I just shortened it.
- My parents are both in the medical field, so I’m the first engineer in the family.
- My dad is Canadian, so naturally, the cold doesn’t bother me. Texas heat is another story.
- I’m a big cinephile, and I try to stay up to date on the latest movies and shows. I’ll get so caught up in a story that I can often binge a show over a weekend.